Monday, October 4, 2010

Parfumerie Generale L'Eau de Circe



I gave this perfume a second chance and love it. I have been collecting the soliflore (single flora scent) and although the scent of jasmine, lily of the valley, narcissus etc. is all pretty, but kind of lacks drama or story telling.
Finally I tested L'eau de Circe on my left arm and Psychotrope on my right. 5 minutes later the flora top in Psychotrope disappeared and all left on my arm was leather, and my whole arm and right body smelled like a leather couch! I was horrified!
My left side of the body smell fruity from an application of Violette in Love from Parfum de Nicholaii and L'Eau de Circe. I am not so used to the raspberry in Violette in Love. I already got a greener violet scent. So I am more happy to choose L'Eau de Circe which is smooth as silk, powdery and very sweet that is not from fruit. It smells like bitter sweet herbal thoat candy and the scent has great sillage, so everyone around me can pick up on the sweetness but the scent is very private too not in your face. I got used to the scent after a while but once subjected to a sudden change of temperature as from warm to cold, the scent come rushing around me again.
L'Eau de Circe is the magic potion from the Greek Goddess that turned Odysseus men into pigs.

No comments: